Idea Game Programmer looking for first project idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Master Maker

I am a programmer, with no art skills, looking for a first project idea. It doesn't have to be complicated, I am just looking for a first project to fund my others. Reply below. Bonus points for including GDDs and/or TDDs. Also, if you want to help pitch in art or shaders for free, feel free to.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Your first project should be to learn how to behave like a decent human being instead of a wannabe human trafficker.

But, unfortunately, unless I am planning on spending 3+ years just mapping out every situation, it wouldn't be effective, because, doubtless, situations I haven't encountered would pop up, causing the Commander to panic and surrender, crashing his brand new G-am into the player (in other words, crashing the game).

How did you code the enemies' artificial intelligence handler for the foes in your RTS? Also, would you mind, whether here or in a PM, posting the code for your player-teammate AI handler? It would probably speed this whole process up by a couple *dozen* weeks. I don't have that much ds-stuff experience, as in, I've rarely (read: at max, thrice) used them, and, even then, it was mostly just in place of arrays or to plot maps or mini-maps and stuff, the most complicated being, using a tutorial, passing in buffers when I was networking. Also, do you mind teaching me a thing or two about ds-stuff?
I need help with implementing a networking controller that will automatically cycle through all the objects in a game, through all of their events, and create buffers when needed, then broadcast them to the server, who'll automatically receive them. Basically, I want a networking solution that will automatically adjust whenever I write new code.
OK, thanks! I am willing to pay you $20 if you are willing to port the entire project into GML.
The title of another one of your slave recruitment topics said:
New Topic-Game Design Document Ghost Writer
Pay is profit share, 1/12 of the profit to each member.

The funding is mostly going to be crowdfunded, but I'm willing to pitch in $2000. The game, once in development, will be posted on Kick starter, with a goal of $20,000.
Every single topic you have made here thus far is about how this is your dream and how you want it all on a silver platter, while treating others like a slave you can leash around for next to nothing. You don't need others running this show called "Narcissus" for you, you are yourself the show.

Get your sorry ass out of here and pray that your next prospective victims don't see through your thin ruse.

M

Master Maker

Thanks! I apologize for anyone's hurt feelings. I do think of you, or anyone else for that matter, as slaves. In fact, I think of you all more as mentors.

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
Closing this topic as it's heading towards everything but a productive discussion. Just asking for ideas without sharing any background or initial framework is inappropriate. This might seem unfair, but you'll get more useful input if you form an idea of your own first, and flesh it out a bit. Then ask for help developing it further. We are, after all, here to help you design your game, not to design it entirely for you. Asking people to toss around random ideas tends not to work whatsoever.

So when you're ready, make another topic in this forum with your idea. And then we can discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.