• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game preview has become unplayably laggy without any changes to code after Windows 10 update. (GM:S)

zorms887

I was working on my game when windows 10 needed to update, so I restarted my computer to update, and when I returned the preview of the game was unplayably laggy for some reason. This problem extends to .exe files of my game, but not any normal games run through steam. I know it's not an optimization problem because I made a simple game where a little guy jumps around and that's also incredibly laggy both in the game preview and in a .exe file.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Are your graphics card's drivers up to date? Outdated drivers are a commonly reported cause of lag on this version.

You may be able to find more information on a Windows-centric community than a GameMaker-centric one. As the issue has arisen shortly after a Windows update, there's a probability that it's caused by it, and chances are that people active on communities centered around it will be more knowledgeable than us.

zorms887

Are your graphics card's drivers up to date? Outdated drivers are a commonly reported cause of lag on this version.

You may be able to find more information on a Windows-centric community than a GameMaker-centric one. As the issue has arisen shortly after a Windows update, there's a probability that it's caused by it, and chances are that people active on communities centered around it will be more knowledgeable than us.
I checked my graphics card drivers, it's not that, I also checked some windows-centric communities and tried their solutions, unfortunately nothing has been working. I'm thinking of just doing a clean reinstall of windows 10 and hoping that will help.

zorms887

I checked my graphics card drivers, it's not that, I also checked some windows-centric communities and tried their solutions, unfortunately nothing has been working. I'm thinking of just doing a clean reinstall of windows 10 and hoping that will help.
I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 and it's still laggy, I still have no idea what's wrong with it

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Revert the Windows update. If that's not possible, perform a fresh install of the previous build you were using. Did that resolve the issue? If so, you may need to wait a little more before updating, until the patch becomes stable enough to use.