• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Game plays like **** on other computer

T

Taddio

Hey guys,

There I am asking for free wisdom again...
As you may or may not know, I'm veeeeery close to completing my first "big" public project. I woke up this morning and did what I thought were the the finishing touches to a very cool game. I tried it out yesterday with a buddy of mine at my place and we had a blast, so I tought next step was to go try it on another friend's computer, to see what he thought of it, and how it played like.
Well...wasn't at all like I expected...gamepad buttons were not responding well, animations were sometime way off, overall feeling not there at all...
I honestly feel very c*ck blocked right now, I thought all was going to be smooth and I was just looking for balance/gameplay feedback, but it seems I have to go back to the drawing board once again to make it "compatible", I guess we might call it...it just doesn't play good on his cpu.
It's a game for windows, my buddy and I both use somewhat of a somewhat similar toaster computer (tho his is a better toaster).

So I guess my question is have you ever faced a situation like this one, where the game was cool at your place, and s**t on someone else's computer? What did you had to do to sort that out? Do you have any idea of what I might be doing "wrong" , or what may cause these inconsistencies in gameplay between different computers? It seems like it's not a fluke, as his computer runs generally well.
This is somewhat above my current developper's paygrade to know these things inside and out as what I should start looking for, so I'm very grateful for any insights you may have.
Peace.