• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Game playing the wrong sound files

Zechevalier

I have a weird problem where my game suddenly started playing the wrong sounds in place of what's supposed to play.

I double checked the coding and the sounds files, they all seem good, nothing has changed in the code since I last tested it, but it started happening when I added about 3 new sounds to the project.

The code and objects I was editing and using those new sounds for are completely unrelated to the ones that started having the issue, in fact the objects/codes that started doing this are ones I haven't touched in a long time.

Note: It seems the play the next audio file on the list in my project. e.g. if it's supposed to play "Song1" it will play the next song on the list "Song2."

Zechevalier

Turns out one of the newly added sounds were missing it's source so I had to delete it and put it back in...

Game maker is trash bro...