• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Game pause with sliders

T

TomatoFantasyStudio

Hello everyone!
I made pause system, everything works well. I have sliders (for game options) as individual objects and when I create them with instance_create I don't see any sliders. Without pause sliders created well.
Is there way to create active object when game is paused (I use deactivate_all function)? I tryed to activate slider objects manually by instance_activate but it doesn't work. :(

M

maratae

Hello everyone!
I made pause system, everything works well. I have sliders (for game options) as individual objects and when I create them with instance_create I don't see any sliders. Without pause sliders created well.
Is there way to create active object when game is paused (I use deactivate_all function)? I tryed to activate slider objects manually by instance_activate but it doesn't work. :(
Personally I use a global.game_is_paused bool.
Every game element that is to be paused has if (global.game_is_paused){ exit; } on the step event.