• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Game over

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
This is an English-speaking community. Please post in English. You may use a translator if needed.

If you'd like us to help you, you'll have to provide a lot more information about what you're trying to do and what you've tried so far.

Last edited:
L

Leonidas

Bueno, necesito hacer un juego terminado, pero he tenido muchos problemas

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
There is (click on a user's profile -> Start conversation), but there is no need for that. This forum is the correct place to get help.

To start, please let us know what you have tried so far. We can then suggest ways to improve or fix what you're having problems with.

L

Leonidas

It is complicated I could say but I need there is a game over but the ways that I have found do not work with my game

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
You will need to explain exactly what you mean by "there is a game over." What part are you having trouble with? Is it a kind of thing with running out of lives or energy? Is it with showing a game over screen and restarting? We don't know until you tell us. You also need to tell us what exactly you have tried to do before and how it didn't work for your game.

L

Leonidas

sorry is that the translator changes the words, but aja I want to make that when the player runs out of life, life and room are restarted, and start from the point of origin

L

Leonidas

but I have tried several methods and they do not work correctly because when I change rooms and I run out of life the player does not start from the point of origin

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
What parts do you have working right? Does the player run out of lives? Does it go to another room?

One thing to consider, if the room is checked as "persistent" then that would explain why the room doesn't change back to the point of origin. Normally, when you go to another room and then come back to this room, the room is restarted.

L

Leonidas

The player has life from 0 to 100 and if the rooms are persistent and I want it to be that when it reaches 0 the screen goes black and starts from the beginning of the room

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
No hice nada
Translation....I didn't do anything.

Then you need to try to do it. Once you have some code where you try and it doesn't work, then you can bring that code here so we can see where you went wrong. If you don't have anything to show, I doubt many people are going to help you, as you are basically asking us to do it for you.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
We certainly won't do it for you, but we can provide you with general directions. However, if you haven't done anything, but at the same time also claim to "have tried several methods", one of those two statements can't be right. So have you done something, or have you done nothing? If you have done something, post what you tried.

If you haven't done anything, well, you've already answered most of the question yourself, and I can only really break it down into these steps for you without outright giving you the solution:

The player has life from 0 to 100
when it reaches 0
the screen goes black
and starts from the beginning of the room
Do whichever parts of this you know how to do. You don't have to do everything, but do something, whether that's checking the player's health, turning the screen black or restarting the room. Then show us what you've done and we can help you from there. If you're at least somewhat familiar with GameMaker, you'll know how to do at least a part of this - and if you don't, you should go back and study the basics rather than trying to make a game.

We wouldn't do you any favors by providing you with a solution in that case. It would be more like providing you with bricks when you're trying to build a house without understanding gravity - reckless at best and setting you up for failure in the worst case - as you'd be back even more confused and asking more questions the next day.

L

Leonidas

[Evento de creación de jugadores]

reinicio = false;

[Evento de paso de jugador]

si (salud <= 0)
{
reiniciar = true;
si (keyboard_check_pressed(vk_space))
{
room_restart();
}
}

[Evento de sorteo de jugadores]

draw_self(); Esto es para asegurarse de que se está dibujando la imagen sprite.

if (reinicio)
{
draw_text(x, y, "Moriste. Pulse el espacio para reiniciar.");
}

Esto es lo que probado

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Your Step event is working with reiniciar, while the Create and Draw events are working with reinicio. These are different variables.