1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

"Game over" not working when losing all lives

Discussion in 'Programming' started by SnowsB, Jul 1, 2019.

1. SnowsB

SnowsB Member

I'm new at programming, so I'm really dumb at it, sorry!
    But the thing is, i'm making my first game, and I cant add the "game over" when the players lose all the three lives. It automatically ends when losing the first live. This started happening when I put "if lives", so probably i'm missing something there. What should I do? Please, no coding haha
    lives.PNG

2. Rob

Rob Member

I didn't read your problem correctly, sorry - I thought it would be an issue due to the "empty" message next to the value of "If Lives"

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  3. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

You put the Exit Game action into the else branch of If Lives, so now it is "if lives is not 0 then exit game". Change it to the other one.

N0ba likes this.
  4. N0ba

N0ba Member

I haven't used DND since when I first started with GameMaker, but can that "If Lives" block be set to "Equals or less than"? Try that. It may be going lower than 0 before it can be read.