• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game not running...

Hey, I'm brand new to Gamemaker and my game isn't running all of the sudden.

It was working just fine up until I fixed a small error about a sequence layer, after that the system just pretends like the game is running. When I try again, it asks me if I want to close the current project (same deal with debugging and cleaning). I click "ok" and it supposedly runs, but the game window doesn't pop up anymore.

My output usually ends with:

Total memory used = 3073398(0x002ee576) bytes
Entering main loop.

I tried making a test project to see if it would run, and it did, so it seems to be conflicting with something in my actual project. I checked and I'm on the latest runtime. Using the free version on Windows.

Feedback is appreciated, hope you all can help

**************************UPDATE***************************

Ok so I deleted the sequence layer and all the new stuff I added before the game stopped running and... it's running now for some reason. I know game development is supposed to be confusing for beginners but this is just weird. Idk maybe it has something to do with the code I put in

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
My suggestion would be to try and identify what exactly was causing the issue and then file a bug with YYG. If you still have backed up the unchanged project then you can send them that... You could also undo the changes one at a time and see which one it was that caused the issue, so YYG have a better idea of what to look at.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Your game may have been stuck in an infinite loop. If no Draw event ever gets called, the game window won't be rendered. This will be the case if the game is stuck in an endless loop before a Draw event had the chance to run.

Run the game in debug mode and pause it if this ever happens again. If code execution then stops in a loop, that loop is infinite.