• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Game not running

D

duckz30

Whenever i press run, gamemaker thinks that the game has launched normally, but it doesn't. when i use debug same happens but this pops up about 20 times in the console:
Tag name array exceeds max length of 4096 per frame (reduce calls to debug_event)
Any ideas would be helpful.
(This is my first project so this could be something obvious.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DukeSoft

Does this happen in an empty project as well? Can you try opening an empty game with just a room, and see if you also have these issues? Might be just your machine, because this doesn't sound familiar to me.

D

duckz30

Does this happen in an empty project as well? Can you try opening an empty game with just a room, and see if you also have these issues? Might be just your machine, because this doesn't sound familiar to me.
I have tried running demos and other projects, they all work fine. It is just this project.

DukeSoft

Then it kind of sounds like an infinite loop somewhere. Try to find out if there's something that could cause that. Maybe start with a clean room and add instances until it breaks? You might want to check some create, game start, room start events and all - if a loop is there, the entire game window might not even show up, because that only shows _after_ those events have fired :)