• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Game not rendering in macOS / asset cache issue

LestradeTGQ

Hey folks!

I'm running GMS2 2.1.0.212 in macOS Sierra (10.12.1) on the following hardware (not my primary machine, obviously):

MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2013)
1.7 GHz i7
8GB RAM
512GB SSD

At no point have I been able to run my game, which uses objects that utilize blend modes, successfully. A filter effect I have that renders in Windows appears completely incorrectly on Mac.

Half of the time, GMS2 refuses to render any sprites other than SWFs or shapes drawn with code.

The other half of the time, when running the game, I get:

Error : Unable to create a bitmap of size (2048x2048) - out of memory (Not enough memory to complete operation [GDI+ status: OutOfMemory])
mono(4367,0xa52301c0) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=16777216) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Error : Failed writing textures out - clear asset cache and try again

I thought it was a cache issue (I do have a few temporary, large sprites in right now for prototyping), so I try to clear the asset cache, and get this:

rm: /Users/[dirName]/GameMakerStudio2/Mac: No such file or directory
/bin/bash exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:02.7324150s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.0.136/bin/Igor.exe -options="/var/folders/h4/6815r7zx15z1sdz3xsn11t1w0000gp/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -- mac Clean started at 09/29/2017 12:21:53

FAILED : Clean Program Complete

If I manually add the Mac folder and run the clean, it says it's successful, but it then deletes the Mac folder — so it doesn't appear to actually be removing anything. So I went into the cache folder and manually removed it, just to try. The game appears to run successfully, but I'm back to the first problem listed here — and then the loop continues.

As always, any help would be appreciated.