• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game Not Opening

Z

Zafi

I am an amateur at GameMaker Studio and I saw the announcement for the new GameMaker Studio 2 so I decided to get it. I was working on a game in .gmx and I knew that I couldn't convert it in the beta so I decided to recreate it in .yyp the new format. I fully recreated it by copy and pasting in my gml code and once I decided to run it, it showed this message.

[0x7FFD5F3F70E3] ANOMALY: use of REX.w is meaningless (default operand size is 64)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
I would really like to know how to fix it.

N

NPT

Did you try to convert your existing .gmx into a .yyp by modifying and/or renaming the .gmx outside of Studio 2?

Or did you try to cut and paste into the editor within Studio 2?

You're really not describing the problem very well.

gnysek

Current beta doesn't allow import. So, don't know what you're doing, but for sure you're not importing.

Z

Zafi

Sorry I meant that just recreated my whole game from gamemaker studio 1.4, and copied the code into the gml code areas. I think the problem might be from a change in the coding format? But I'm not sure