• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Game Maker Studio : Updater has stopper working

Simsure

There are many posts with this problem on the forum, but I can not find a solution.

PROBLEM
-Game maker Studio 1.4 does not open on Windows 10, at startup the "game maker studio: updater has stopper working" window appears
-The steam version starts, but only because it does not have to make updates, but at the execution of any project appears "GM assets compiler has stopper working"

WHAT I TRIED
- uninstalled and reinstalled
- made a fresh install
- make sure to have .NET 3.5
- windows clean boot
- tried to install it on another computer and start it from the files brought with a USB
- antivirus are off

WHAT I HAVE NOTED
- To have problems seem to be some actions that GM makes, in fact on steam the program starts normally, but when I try to compile or test a project, to crash is the "GM assets compiler " in the same way of the "the updater" in the standalone program.
- But in the steam case,the console of GM give me this log
Code:
Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException.
Asset Compile finished: 15:00:04
Compile finished: 15:00:05
- After installing it for the first it worked normally, the next time it started to no longer work, could I have installed something later that causes some conflict? how can I understand what?

I hope someone can help me, I'm trying everything but I can not even understand WHAT can cause the problem.

Last edited:

phillipPbor

I have a same problem but no one, not even the admin can do anything about it.
I'm no Profesional. but yesterday I was trying to open a progress with double click. But I just won't load, so like you I have done everything. But to no avail.
None of the people or any suggestions are any help. My suggestion is that it has somthing to do with ether a anti-virus protection, or the GMSupdater is crashing instantly.