• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Game Maker Studio:Professional Export To Mac ERROR! Help!

D

Dinky Die Dingus

I am currently trying to run a small game on mac. I have followed multiple tutorials and I am doing everything correctly!

I have game maker studio: professional. Running the game on windows works perfectly with no compile or runtime errors.

My Mac is running the latest version of El Capitan and I installed the latest stable Xcode (8) just in case.
I have configured the Mac OSX settings in gms preferences and checked my connection: it is a-okay.

When I clicked run (the green arrow) for the first time, game maker made a connection with my mac and worked it's magic. I have a game maker studio folder with gameassestsmac.zip and YoYo Runner.app

Everything goes correctly and I see YoYo runner open on my dock. As soon as it opens it crashes and I get the "quit unexpectedly" message. I try to reopen it from this dialogue it presents a black box with glitched text saying "connection failed" and the option to change settings or quit. Upon fiddling changing settings (limited to changing ip and port), when entering my windows pc's ip, the dialogue changes from "connection failed" to a non-glitched "connecting...". This happens indefinitely. When I run the game from my pc again, this box closes and a new YoYo runner is opened, which crashes immediately, and the cycle continues.

Running YoYo runner on my mac without running the project on windows just opens the box with the "connnecting" or "connection failed messages".

I suspect this problem has something to do with El Capitan because no one seems to mention exporting to this version of OSX. Hours on google have yielded nothing as no one seems to export to mac in general. The Yoyo games tutorials makes it seem like a 2 minute process.

This is really bugging me, and I beg you to help!

Any info will be much appreciated! Thank you.

J

jackhigh24

i use yosemite for mac osx and xcode 6.4 i think it is or was, last time i did one was about 8 weeks ago, all works well, not sure if the mac updated my xcode to 7 or could still be on 6.4 but iv stopped it going any higher now as other xcode and el capitan can give problems.

rIKmAN

I had the same thing where it would transfer fine but instantly close, and rerunning it would open and close instantly.

I'm not at home at the moment so can't check what I did, but now when I run from GM it opens up on the Mac and plays fine - not sure if it creates the .app file anymore but it definitely started working after I changed some settings.

Maybe it was using the "Compile for device" rather than the green button, or the other way around, but like I said can't remember night now.

Also running El Capitan.

D

Dinky Die Dingus

I had the same thing where it would transfer fine but instantly close, and rerunning it would open and close instantly.

I'm not at home at the moment so can't check what I did, but now when I run from GM it opens up on the Mac and plays fine - not sure if it creates the .app file anymore but it definitely started working after I changed some settings.

Maybe it was using the "Compile for device" rather than the green button, or the other way around, but like I said can't remember night now.

Also running El Capitan.
Oh Ok. Well if you can find out what you did or any other details, this would be much appreciated.
Thanks for the response

A

actruncale

I believe I found the answer for me. I was building for non-mac store and I had Steam Enabled checked. I only got an error message after I updated to current Beta build and when I built for mac app store and Steam was enabled.

I un-checked them both (mac store and steam) and it ran fine.

D

Dinky Die Dingus

I believe I found the answer for me. I was building for non-mac store and I had Steam Enabled checked. I only got an error message after I updated to current Beta build and when I built for mac app store and Steam was enabled.

I un-checked them both (mac store and steam) and it ran fine.
Hi I'm unsure what you mean by "building for non-mac store" or "steam enabled". Where are these options available? All I am doing is setting up the Mac OSX connection and running via the green "play" button. I just want to test the game on mac, with no intention of exporting a standalone product if that is what you are doing.

D

Dennis Lenz

Win7 here with GM:S v1.4.1757 (Steam). Mac: El Capitan with XCode 7 + Commandline Tools installed. All provisioning profiles set up, App ID setup, development profiles and certificates for development and distribution. ($99/year membership).

Green Arrow button: Game runs fine on my Mac just fine.

Create Application ZIp (.app.zip) - creates something, but nothing useful in it: A bunch of files, my main game.app.zip has only an assets folder in it with like 3 files. No main App or executable to launch on the Mac. Then there´s application oven - when launching it says "no provisioning profiles found" (but they are there?) - and there´s the YoYogames runner that results in an endless loop when running.
Besides this i have an ini file and an icon512.png and a splash.png. That´s it.

I´m really stuck. Oh, and in GM:S no Steam enabled an no Create for Mac App store checked.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Working fine. The final App.Zip was on my PC instead of my Mac after export. Duh.

Last edited by a moderator: