• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game maker studio fatal glitch please help

W

William Dubois

I was making a game for 5 hours today and, of course, my game maker studio gets a heart attack only because I add a sprite. I add a sprite = (out of memory) (exception error) (address code error) (game maker studio stop responding) (fatal crash). And now my problem: every objects and room are missing. However, there are still in my project folder, but game maker cannot link them in my project anymore. HELP !!! My backup is from yesterday. Don't tell me I have to do 5 hours of works twice. How does a sprite can kills a game maker project? How? I want my project back ToT

J

JoltJab

What happens if you open a new project and click and drag the sprites, rooms and objects from the broken project to the empty one? Like, drag and drop the files into a not broken game maker. I don't know if that would fix it. But that would be the first thing I would try.

rIKmAN

Create a new project and then import the files from your broken project into the new one.
Do this by right clicking each section of the Resource Tree, choose Add Existing... and then browse to where the files are in your broken project and import them one by one.

Make a copy of the broken project directory or zip/rar the directory first just to be safe.

W

William Dubois

2 things: 1- when I import the files in my new project, all actions in objects was ''undefined''. 2- I don't know how to mark my post ''solved'', because on discord, a guy show me a website for lost project on game maker and I discover that my game maker studio 1.4 does backup in my computer and I recover 95% of my 5 hours of works. Sorry if I don't set my post solved, I don't know how to do it. Thanks anyway for your help.