• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game Maker Studio 2 won't open

J

Justinba007

So I double click the icon to run it, and my mouse says it's loading, but then nothing happens. It doesn't show up on my task manager, I don't get an error message, just literally nothing happens. I tried running as administrator, reinstalling, testing compatibility, still nothing. I'm on windows 10.

rIKmAN

Is Windows 10 fully up to date?

Do you have a firewall turned on?

Do you have any antivirus software that could be preventing / deleting files trying to be installed?

Check your ui.log file and see what issues are being logged.

J

Justinba007

I believe it can be found in:
Code:
C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2
But if it doesn't even start up it's possible it may not exist or be being created.

Did you check the other things I mentioned?
Yeah, it definitely doesn't exist. I added Gamemaker to my allowed list on my firewall and I disabled antivirus and it didn't work. Do you mean reinstall it with my antivirus deactivated? It says it hasn't detected a virus in over 24 hours and I just downloaded the game a few hours ago.

rIKmAN

Yeah, it definitely doesn't exist. I added Gamemaker to my allowed list on my firewall and I disabled antivirus and it didn't work. Do you mean reinstall it with my antivirus deactivated? It says it hasn't detected a virus in over 24 hours and I just downloaded the game a few hours ago.
Yeah might be worth a try just in case it was stopping any files being installed or removing them etc.

If that doesn't work get in touch with support and see what they say.

A

Amoirey

So I double click the icon to run it, and my mouse says it's loading, but then nothing happens. It doesn't show up on my task manager, I don't get an error message, just literally nothing happens. I tried running as administrator, reinstalling, testing compatibility, still nothing. I'm on windows 10.
yeah,, me tooo idont know why but i try such a many way but it change nothing....someone plzz help us