• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Game Maker Studio 2: Unable to login - no network connection/EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION

M

Michael Sissons

Sometime 2 days ago Game Maker Studio 2 started crashing upon start-up or soon after opening a project. Someone recommended I try a fresh install. Now, Whenever I launch Game maker I get one of two errors: the first wouldn't let me log in saying "Unable to login - no network connection." or an "EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION" that crashes the program entirely. This all started after I tried to use source control to work on my laptop, which never worked or crashed Game Maker. I'm not sure if that's relevant because I did manage to disable it before my first fresh install, which locked me out of game maker entirely.

I've tried disabling my antivirus, getting a fresh install, getting a fresh install with disabled antivirus, running as administrator, and sending a support ticket which I haven't heard back from yet.

I've been using the latest version.

Please help.

Amon

Close GMS2. Disable your net. Start GMS2 again. When asked for login details reconnect your net then try logging in.

M

Michael Sissons

Close GMS2. Disable your net. Start GMS2 again. When asked for login details reconnect your net then try logging in.
Well, results are different this time. It stopped responding for a bit and then game an error of "Exception - Operation timed out". oddly enough, every time I try to launch game maker it re-enables my LogMeIn Hamachi network which I should have disabled. Maybe it's possible it's trying to connect through that for some reason...

Edit: I tried messing with my network settings to see if Hamachi could be the problem, and it looks like somehow it was because I managed to log in after. Which is weird because I've had Hamachi for a while and it never caused problems, maybe it interfered after the fresh install? I have no idea.

Anyways thanks. If Game Maker keeps crashing ill update this post or make a new one, but for now everything seems in order.

Last edited by a moderator: