• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Game Maker Studio 2 Steam questions

google.com can also help

#1: If I buy Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities from Steam will I get an activation code for each Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities I purchase from Steam?

#2: If I download Game Maker Studio 2 off of YoYoGames website and then I buy from Steam Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities can I use the purchased from Steam Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities in Game Maker Studio 2 I downloaded from YoYoGames website?

#3: If yes to #2: then how ^ please?

#4: If yes to #1: then how do I properly input the code into Game Maker Studio 2 downloaded from YoYoGames website please?

#5: If no to #1: then how will I recieve the ability to activate Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities?

#6: Where do I go to download Game Maker Studio 2 please?

#7: If I purchase exporting abilities for Game Maker Studio 2 and I export a safe to download and install and play non pirated game, where (including YoYoGames website if possible) can I publish my game?

Thank you all in advance and my name is Jason

rIKmAN

google.com can also help

#1: If I buy Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities from Steam will I get an activation code for each Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities I purchase from Steam?

#2: If I download Game Maker Studio 2 off of YoYoGames website and then I buy from Steam Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities can I use the purchased from Steam Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities in Game Maker Studio 2 I downloaded from YoYoGames website?

#3: If yes to #2: then how ^ please?

#4: If yes to #1: then how do I properly input the code into Game Maker Studio 2 downloaded from YoYoGames website please?

#5: If no to #1: then how will I recieve the ability to activate Game Maker Studio 2 exporting abilities?

#6: Where do I go to download Game Maker Studio 2 please?

#7: If I purchase exporting abilities for Game Maker Studio 2 and I export a safe to download and install and play non pirated game, where (including YoYoGames website if possible) can I publish my game?

Thank you all in advance and my name is Jason
It's been confirmed that it doesn't matter if you buy from Steam or from the YYG website, if you purchase one you get access to the other automatically (or should do) - just make sure you link your Steam account to your YYG account on the licences page when you login to yoyogames.com.

The exporters are linked to your YYG account, so again it doesn't matter which version you use as long as you login with the account that has the purchased licences linked to it, you will have those exports available when you login to GMS2 with that account.

Where you can upload / publish your game depends on you - if it's HTML5 you could publish on your own website or a portal, if it's a desktop game you could use itch.io, Steam etc, Android / iOS you would use the App Stores etc etc.

Hello Jason, welcome to the community! :)