• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Game Maker Studio 2 Game doesn't start (F5 Function)

V

Vincemon

Hello!

I've worked a lot on my new recently. But just as I filled a new room with some objects, I couldn't start my game anymore.

There's always the same message: "FAILED: Run Program Complete"

I've reinstalled the runtime 3 times and restarted my PC but it didn't do anything.

I really don't know what to do. This problem came out of nowhere and I can't work anymore :(

Please help! Ask anything if you need to! :(

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Create an empty project with 1 room and run it. If that works, then the error message is your project's fault.

Make a copy of your project and remove your additions from it one-by-one, until it runs. The last removed addition is likely the problem. This kind of crash is usually caused by an infinite loop or cross-interaction between two elements.

V

Vincemon

Create an empty project with 1 room and run it. If that works, then the error message is your project's fault.

Make a copy of your project and remove your additions from it one-by-one, until it runs. The last removed addition is likely the problem. This kind of crash is usually caused by an infinite loop or cross-interaction between two elements.
Wow, that actually worked! It was an object with unfinished code in it.
And it was so simple. I'm such an idiot ,:D
Thank you :)