• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Game maker studio 2 crashing on High Sierra?

A

Adam Finke

One thing is, the mouse glitches out on the buttons and sprite creation, but the main reason is that I cant run any game.
Here is what it shows when I try to run a game in test (This is a game with 2 objects, 1 sprite, 1 room and no code at all)

Saving project to: /Users/adam/GameMakerStudio2/test.yyp/test.yyp
"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/Igor.exe -options="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.MISyg8/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -- Mac Run

Loaded Macros from /Users/adam/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/test_F7B6388A/macros.json
Options: /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: /Users/adam/.config/GameMakerStudio2/noobertrulz_1181892/local_settings.json
Options: /Users/adam/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/test_F7B6388A/targetoptions.json
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=4 /gn="test" /td="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.MISyg8/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/Users/adam/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/test_F7B6388A" /zpuf="/Users/adam/.config/GameMakerStudio2/noobertrulz_1181892" /m=mac /tgt=2 /studio /llvmSource="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/interpreted/" /nodnd /cfg=default /o="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.MISyg8/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/test_7BB5ED89_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.MISyg8/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/test_7BB5ED89_VM/options.ini" /cvm /baseproject="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/Users/adam/GameMakerStudio2/test.yyp/test.yyp" /preprocess="/Users/adam/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/test_F7B6388A"
Reading project file..../Users/adam/GameMakerStudio2/test.yyp
Reading project file..../Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/BaseProject
Reading config delta '/Users/adam/GameMakerStudio2/test.yyp/options/main/inherited/options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono DONE (0)
Release build
Options: /Users/adam/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/test_F7B6388A/PlatformOptions.json
homedir : /Users/adam
remote_install_path : /Users/adam/GameMakerStudio2/Mac/GMS2MAC/test
PlatformOptions
[Compile] Run asset compiler
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=4 /gn="test" /td="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.MISyg8/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/Users/adam/.config/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/GMS2CACHE/test_F7B6388A" /zpuf="/Users/adam/.config/GameMakerStudio2/noobertrulz_1181892" /m=mac /tgt=2 /studio /llvmSource="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/interpreted/" /nodnd /cfg=default /o="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.MISyg8/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/test_7BB5ED89_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.MISyg8/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/test_7BB5ED89_VM/options.ini" /cvm /baseproject="/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/Users/adam/GameMakerStudio2/test.yyp/test.yyp" /optionsini="/private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.MISyg8/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/test_7BB5ED89_VM/options.ini" /bt=run
Reading project file..../Users/adam/GameMakerStudio2/test.yyp
Reading project file..../Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.1.3.189/BaseProject
Reading config delta '/Users/adam/GameMakerStudio2/test.yyp/options/main/inherited/options_main.inherited.yy'
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... /private/tmp/PKInstallSandbox.MISyg8/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/test_7BB5ED89_VM/test.zip
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=30
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT

It hangs after this point and I have to stop the program.

Go to “Mono” program site and download the latest version... This happened to me and I observed it in activity monitor... The mono I had was only 32 bit. Then i downloaded the latest version (64 bit) and everything gravy.

M

Michał Rutkowski

Ive got a same problem. I must wait around 5-6min. After that its perfect.

G

grymmjack

Go to “Mono” program site and download the latest version... This happened to me and I observed it in activity monitor... The mono I had was only 32 bit. Then i downloaded the latest version (64 bit) and everything gravy.
This worked for me too. I'm on an old MacBook 2008 and I thought maybe it was just broken, but your advice worked wonders here. It was getting stuck in the same way as the OP in the SPRT section.

Thank you for your brilliance Sean :)