1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Maker Studio 2 coding substitutes for legacy codes thread

Discussion in 'Programming' started by TunnelRhino, Dec 1, 2019.

1. TunnelRhino

TunnelRhino Member

Ask for, post etc. substitutes in GML to use in Game Maker Studio 2 that will work just as good as in a Game Maker Legacy such as Game Maker 7.0 Pro Edition for example.

How do I properly code
    Code:
    sound0_filename_choose = get_string("Example:#Samus Item Get.mp3#What sound file name#do you want sound0 to be please?",0);

sprite0_filename_choose = get_string("Example:"Samus Gravity Suit Morph Ball.png#What image file do you what sprite0 to be please?",0);

sprite0_image_number_say = get_integer("0 is first image#what image number of sprite do you want for sprite0?",0);

sprite0_precise_say = get_integer("0 for no#1 for yes#do you want sprite0 to have#precise collision checking?#I prefer yes",1);

sprite0_transparent_say = get_integer("0 for no#1 for yes#do you want sprite0 to have transparent (invisible) background?",0);

sprite0_preload_say = get_integer("0 for no#1 for yes#do you want sprite0 to have#preloaded texture?#I prefer yes.",1);

sprite0_xorigin_say = get_integer("I prefer 0#however where do you want sprite0's xorgin (x starting point)#to be please?",0);

sprite0_yorigin_say = get_integer("I prefer 0#however where do you want sprite0's y origin (y starting point)#to be please?",0);

sound_replace(sound0,sound0_filename_choose,0,true);

sprite_replace(sprite0,sprite0_filename_choose,sprite0_precise_say,sprite0_transparent_say,sprite0_preload_say,sprite0_xorigin_say,sprite0_yorigin_say);

in GML for Game Maker Studio 2 please? Thank you

2. BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55 Member

It depends how 1:1 you want it to be. Using keyboard_string is an easy way to get started.