SOLVED Game Maker Studio 2 cannot see my .jpg images I'm trying to add as a background.

Hello! I am a very old returning user to Game Maker, and I am relearning the whole thing. Not really a fan of the new UI, but here we go. How do I add a background to my game? I've tried clicking on Background Layer Properties and then loading a Sprite from there, but it cannot see any files or images and I don't know why. What am I doing wrong? I have the files in the correct sprite folder, but it can't see any of them so I can't load anything.

Attachments

On the right menu bar, it doesn’t look like you made any sprites. Just to clarify, you know you have to first make a sprite file and then assign the image file to it, right? Once you make the sprite, it should show up in the sprite selection for the background.

On the right menu bar, it doesn’t look like you made any sprites. Just to clarify, you know you have to first make a sprite file and then assign the image file to it, right? Once you make the sprite, it should show up in the sprite selection for the background.
Yea that's what I did, but it wasn't showing up and I wasn't sure why. I think it failed to load? Once I got one working they are all working.

Stra

I am a very old returning user to Game Maker, and I am relearning the whole thing. Not really a fan of the new UI
Years ago I made the leap from GM 8 to GMS2 and I had the exact same feeling. Takes a while to get used to it, but now, I love it.