Game Maker Related Jokes

KurtBlissZ

So a kid finally makes his first game that he's ready to put on green light. After intense research, he googles game makers and loads catch the clown.gmk.

I stink at jokes so I figured I make this topic so we could all practice together since we never get to do it enough.

Last edited:

KurtBlissZ

Yeah we should have GameMaker Commuimty jokes too, I consider that game maker related.

Yeah my joke I was trying to pick fun at people who tries making money off tutorial edits. So all the kid was load and example and he was ready to sell it... Lol, I had difficulty picking the wording for it. I was picturing if the wording was done right it could be put on a catch the clown screenshot

Jabbers

The best jokes come right from YoyoGames themselves, behold!

-imagesnip-
Honestly, the more time goes on, the less that incident makes sense. I don't think we'll ever fully understand what they were on why they thought that was a great pick. I remember when it happened and it still boggles my mind.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I don't think we'll ever fully understand what they were on why they thought that was a great pick. I remember when it happened and it still boggles my mind.
It was a generational thing. Like when your grandpa tries to be hip and thinks high school boys listen to Justin Bieber. Or he sends you email from his AOL account, with words like peeps, ur, and lower-case i.

I miss Sandy. ;)

Fern

The Game Maker: Studio beta channel is more stable than the Game Maker: Studio stable channel.

The Game Maker: Studio EA channel is more stable than the Game Maker: Studio beta channel.

Now that's humor.

C

Clairvoyant

A GameMaker dev and a Unity dev walk into a bar. The GM dev orders a working game with nice animated sprites and a lot of levels, and publishes it. Meanwhile the Unity dev finally gets to the bar stool and sits.

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
Here's a joke
Clairvoyant has posted many times on this forums but still his post count is 0.

C

Clairvoyant

Here's a joke
Clairvoyant has posted many times on this forums but still his post count is 0.
Maybe it has a once in 'x' refresh timer, I've been a member for like less than a week. Or like maybe it's counting the profile posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
*Mark Overmars and i go to a wrestling convention*

me: holy moly, is that john cena?

mark: yeah. he's actually running a booth where he punches people for free. wanna go?

me: hell nah that's nuts dude i'll die

mark: aight i'll be right back

*30 seconds later, mark returns with a broken nose*

mark: that was lit

me: what the crap? wait how did that happen so fast?

mark: there's no punch line

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Off topic posts don't count towards post count
That's true for visible post count that members see. But Admins can see a breakdown by forum. And if the Off Topic post count exceeds a certain value, that account is closed. However, you earn "credits" by helping in the Programming forum, by posting your games, or participating in GMC Jams.

Sending money to chance's paypal account might work too... but I'm not sure about that one.

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
you earn "credits" by helping in the Programming forum, by posting your games, or participating in GMC Jams
What credit? Are you referring to the post count or some other kind of credit I'm unaware of?
Please say that by credit you mean money and your rule is $100 per help in Programming section and you're gonna send my million dollars next month!?