Game Maker Patents

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by spitler, Jan 12, 2019.

1. spitler

spitler Member

Hello,

I would like to ask if there are any patents that are known to the community, regarding Game Maker, just generally.

Thank you.

2. Toque

Toque Member

Patents owned by YoYo?

3. spitler

spitler Member

Well yes. I know it might be a secret though. A lot of patents are kept secret. I'm interested in specifics, in relation to a post that I have made (awaiting moderation), in my New political party topic.

4. Toque

Toque Member

I don’t think patents in Canada/ US can be secret. Kind of defeats the purpose. You can’t copy our technology. How would any company develop something and not know they are infringing copyright????

5. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

Patents are always public after they go into effect, otherwise they can't be effectively enforced. I tried looking up Mark Overmars and YoYo Games Limited on the European Patent Office's search engine, and both came up blank. Maybe I've been barking up the wrong tree, but my answer is no for now.

matharoo likes this.
  6. Justice

Justice Member

Playtech has some patents in the USA and EU, though they seem to pertain to their main business of siphoning money from the ruined veins of gambling addicts and their families. This EU patent from August 2018 appears to be the closest thing to GameMaker.

7. spitler

spitler Member

This is particularly interesting to me, because, and I am sure my post will be moderated in given time (it says I have four posts by now, perhaps I can create an introduction topic sometime), I talk about families and patents in my post in the other topic.

I would like to know how this patent applies and works without many images at all. Perhaps there are many other 'jargon' based patents hidden away in different domains? Although I don't mean that as a negative. I just see it as a bit jargonistic and mean no disrespect to the holder.

8. spitler

spitler Member

I am interested in getting families together who have patents, and using their work to form a political party. Please refer to my other topic. Thanks.