• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Game Maker is getting crazy

A

abd_sab

Hi all,
I was working on a simple project for one week until now, so in my project there was an object with a Room Start event, everything works nice, but when i changed the the Room Start event to Create event things got crazieer, i've got some weird thing even when i change back from Create to room start, it won't fix the problem.
Here is the weid things that hapened:
I have two objects, a hud object(which has the room start event) and a player.
-the player object execute the hud draw event (even if i remove hud from room, it keep displaying by the player)
-the step event in hud is ignored
-if i change back from create to room start i get variable undefined error and these variables are declared in this room start
-the player object is suposed create every step a trail object, but now it create itself every step

I think that's all the problem or maybe some, please if someone have any idea why this is hapening tell me please.
Im using the version 1.4.1763 of game maker.
And thank's.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I have two objects, a hud object(which has the room start event) and a player.
-the player object execute the hud draw event (even if i remove hud from room, it keep displaying by the player)
(snip)
Your problem may be related to instance creation order. Your approach sounds a bit convoluted (or maybe your explanation just isn't clear).

Instead of using the Room Creation event, try having your HUD object created first (top of the order list), and let it handle the draw event.

Either approach should work, if programmed properly. But try something simple first.

A

abd_sab

Click the brush icon between the stop and sprite icon.
I already cleared the cach but nothing.

Your problem may be related to instance creation order. Your approach sounds a bit convoluted (or maybe your explanation just isn't clear).

Instead of using the Room Creation event, try having your HUD object created first (top of the order list), and let it handle the draw event.

Either approach should work, if programmed properly. But try something simple first.
I already changed the order but nothing, and i think you didn't understand me, by the way the problem was by Game Maker and not programming, and i also resolved the problem by deleting these two objects and remake them.