Game maker education v1.3 game won’t shoe

acebigblack

I’ve been coding this game on game maker education and the game is an FPS shooter and every time I load up to test it, it doesn’t show anything except for the gray color I chose as the background. The game is 3D and I don’t know if that is causing the issue

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Try it without socks. Some prefer to wear their shoes without socks... maybe the same goes for game engines.

Has this ever worked before?
More importantly, why are you on 1.3 when 1.4.9999 has been discontinued for years and is the only 1.x version you should still be using, if any?

acebigblack

Try it without socks. Some prefer to wear their shoes without socks... maybe the same goes for game engines.

Has this ever worked before?
More importantly, why are you on 1.3 when 1.4.9999 has been discontinued for years and is the only 1.x version you should still be using, if any?
I’m on 1.3 because that’s the version my school provides to us and it has worked before that’s how I did a lot of previous games for vdg class it’s when I do this game is when it happens. Ive checked the code on debug and nothing has come up

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Has this game ever displayed correctly before, then? If so, I recommend comparing the changes between then and now to figure out potential causes.

I also heavily suggest talking to whoever is responsible about the distribution of the software, because the version you're using - depending on the exact version - could be up to 7 years old when a 3 year old one is available.

How exactly are you "checking the code on debug"? What does that entail?

acebigblack

It’s usually just running it with debug then I look at my code look I get rid of things that might have caused this and look for anything that I missed while coding it that is messing it up and things that it highlights