• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game Maker 8.1 CRASHES

Poitsutsu

Hello!
I have few problems with my gm8.1...
1. If I just run it and open any game it says: "No sound device detected. Sounds might no play." Game runs 10-15sec without sounds and then crashes, opens again and everything works fine. (This message shows even the game doesn't have sounds)
2. If I run it in "compatibility mode" and open game it says: "Failed to load game data. File seems corrupted." But if I press "OK", it starts and runs normally?
3. Few games opens everytime first in windowed, and after I get those messages ^, it goes fullscreen.
So umm.. What's going on with my gm? :D This is very strange and it started suddenly do this. Earlier everything worked fine.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
This is a known problem with certain Windows 8/10 updates and audio drivers. That is one of several reasons why 8.1 was discontinued early.