• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game Maker 8.1 blur and screen tear problems

N

Nathan Matthews

Hi, I use game maker 8.1 and I've just got a new ASUS 7770 2gb graphics card and my drivers are up to date but since the swap over the graphics have completely messed up. All the tiles are showing spaces between them and everything is bubbly and round instead of edged squares which I preffer. I'm not sure if it's to do with game maker 8.1 compatibility with up to date hardware or the swap from VGA to HD. I also have old RAM if that's a possibility but I can't figure out how to fix it. If I don't it will be a waste of my time and new card lol pls help :D Thanksz

Nico001

Maybe you have interpolation turned on? Try turning it off in the global game settings or by using: texture_set_interpolation(false); (if this even exists in 8.1)

Idk if it's really it, but give it a try.

N

Nathan Matthews

Sorry but none of the above comments helped :( and the scaling thing helps to prevent the tiles from cracking, however there are still visual distortions throughout the game such as the spites being misshaped and pieces of the backgrounds folding over them self. I'm not sure if you can tell in this screenshot but notice the players head is out of shape and the sign showing "movement" is folded and distorted?

Attachments