• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game Maker 8.0 Pro External Music Help

X

XBuster

Hello, I was wondering if there is a special extension that I can use for Game Maker 8 Pro and how would I use it? I am asking because I've been working on a game for a while and the MP3s don't seem to work correctly and any sound I put in "Background Music" Is very poor in quality. The only thing that seems to work is Midis in the "Media Player" Option. The bad thing about that is, when a song is done in MP, it freezes the game to restart the song and that is bad for game play.

I recently removed all of my sound effects from the engine and made them all external to reduce memory issues. The game went from 22mb to 8mb. Now, the MP3 plays a little better, but it still does not work like it should. Is there a extension that I could use for Ogg or MP3s?

I have already tried to install Caster, but it rejects it when I try to install it, and there are no Supersound extensions or tutorials I can find. Someone please help me in this situation. Thank you and help would be extremely appreciated. A screenshot of the game is attached too.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
X

XBuster

rpgmaker.net/

The projects is a 30th anniversary tribute for Wonderboy/Monster World that has been in the works since early 2012.

Last edited by a moderator: