Windows Game Maker 2 won't let me scroll

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Simeon Arsov, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Simeon Arsov

Simeon Arsov Member

That's pretty much it. It won't let me scroll. I can scroll in my browser, explorer, anywhere except in game maker studio 2. I tried running as administrator, updating graphics, processor, disabling high DPHDHPI(or whatever) scaling, running on windows 7 compatibility mode and nothing works. I can press the scrolling bar and move it up and down and it works, but I cannot use the scroll wheel. This is really frustrating when I go through a large piece of code...

I'm on a laptop, NVIdia 940M, intel core i7 5500U 2.4 Ghz and 8GB of RAM and I run it on Windows 8.1

2. SRJProd

SRJProd Member

That is pretty strange...
    I can't think of what the issue might be, have you tried maximizing the text editor window? (I know it's not a brilliant solution but who knows? Sometimes it's the odd little thing that works xD)

3. Simeon Arsov

Simeon Arsov Member

I've tried that. I cannot scroll absolutely anything in Game Maker 2. Pretty sure If I did in in my game, it wont scroll there also.

4. Mike

Mike nobody important GMC Elder

Yeah, never heard of this. Can you file a bug and include the make and model of the mouse? (along with all OS details etc)

Got another mouse you can test with?

Simeon Arsov likes this.
  5. Simeon Arsov

Simeon Arsov Member

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I recently got back into GMS2 and had the same problem and incase anyone's wondering, I had the program X-Mouse Button Control running in the background and that seemed to be the problem. I closed it and it was fine.

6. Yal

Yal GMC Memer GMC Elder

Make sure to update the bug report you filed in 2017 with this information. This new exciting development could change everything!

(Are you still running on Windows 8.1? That could also be related to the issues)

rIKmAN and Lonewolff like this.
  7. Simeon Arsov

Simeon Arsov Member

Alright, If you could tell me how to do that, I'll be happy to do it.

8. Yal

Yal GMC Memer GMC Elder

Press this thing:
    upload_2019-9-17_18-30-5.png