• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game maker 2 frequently crashing when clicking 'import' on image

Hiya,

Frequently when I am importing sprites game maker just crashes, no error or anything it just locks up. I recently just updated from windows 7 to windows 10 and I never had this issue prior so I can only assume it is windows 10 related?

Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do to resolve the issue? This is made even more annoying by the fact that game maker 2 literally takes about 5 minutes on a white screen before loading when I click it.

Any ideas let me know,

Thanks!

D

DarklinkFighter

Can confirm this issue, also hapened a lot to me during the last days.

I also noticed that after restarting and importing for the same sprite window again... It crashes again...
After deleting the sprite and recreate it, the import works.

Most of the time I felt that before clicking import I clicked somewhere else... But can't remember where...
It was something like Sprite -> Create new Sprite -> Type a name... -> Single or slow double click on sprite again... -> Import -> Crash