• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game Maker 2 change color of single Spine Skeleton attachment

P

Pain9971

Hello Guys, I am new to this forum but I have a lot of practise with Game Maker and now with Game Maker 2.
I love it.
Nevertheless I am using Spine beside Game Maker to animate my characters.
I want to have randomized characters with randomized colors but I don't know how to change the color of any attatchment with GML.

Hopefully someone is able to help me :)

Kind regards

rIKmAN

Hello Guys, I am new to this forum but I have a lot of practise with Game Maker and now with Game Maker 2.
I love it.
Nevertheless I am using Spine beside Game Maker to animate my characters.
I want to have randomized characters with randomized colors but I don't know how to change the color of any attatchment with GML.

Hopefully someone is able to help me :)

Kind regards
I'm not 100% sure, but this suggestion is still open on Mantis and sounds like it's what you are trying to do, so it may not be possible with the current Spine integration in GM.

P

Pain9971

I'm not 100% sure, but this suggestion is still open on Mantis and sounds like it's what you are trying to do, so it may not be possible with the current Spine integration in GM.
Thank you for your reply :)
Hopefully Yoyo Games will support it with the coming spine update. There are many suggestions for attatchment colouring.
It would save a lot of work, cause making the same assets in different colors takes Space and Time :(
Yoyo fix it :D

obscene

Just get the x,y and angle of the slot in the Animation Update event and draw the sprite manually with a new color.

rIKmAN

Just get the x,y and angle of the slot in the Animation Update event and draw the sprite manually with a new color.
While this is a good workaround, we really shouldn't be having to implement workarounds for basic things like this that are already doable and provided to use in the Spine Runtimes.

I'm hoping the Spine Update adds some (a lot!) of these things and it really isn't just the same again with Events added - which again is something already provided as a basic functionality in the Runtimes.

Fingers crossed!

U

Undergroundies

Greetings everyone, I am currently working on a creature breeding project and I am in desperate need of finding out how coloring individual body parts can be done using this work-around.So far this post has been all I can find on the matter.I have (sort of) figured out how to find the x,y,angle values of the slot, now I just need to know how it is drawn individually etc.I am currently using the early access version of GM studio and the corresponding version for Spine if interested. Thanks in advance, UG

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pain9971

Greetings everyone, I am currently working on a creature breeding project and I am in desperate need of finding out how coloring individual body parts can be done using this work-around.So far this post has been all I can find on the matter.I have (sort of) figured out how to find the x,y,angle values of the slot, now I just need to know how it is drawn individually etc.I am currently using the early access version of GM studio and the corresponding version for Spine if interested. Thanks in advance, UG
For example in Spine you can create "Skins" with those Skins u can manually draw the srpites from your spine sprite.
For example you imported your spine.json file as a sprite. There are some functions like
draw_Skeleton(sprite,animname,skinname,frame,x,y,xscal,yscale,rot,col,alpha);
But the Problem here is that you Need for each type of Color a new Skin to Change it individually.
If you are using a huge amount of sprites this is too much and annoying.
Hopefully I could help you.
Kind regards

rIKmAN

For example in Spine you can create "Skins" with those Skins u can manually draw the srpites from your spine sprite.
For example you imported your spine.json file as a sprite. There are some functions like
draw_Skeleton(sprite,animname,skinname,frame,x,y,xscal,yscale,rot,col,alpha);
But the Problem here is that you Need for each type of Color a new Skin to Change it individually.
If you are using a huge amount of sprites this is too much and annoying.
Hopefully I could help you.
Kind regards
Skins aren't the solution to programmatically changing the colour of a single slot, skins are a way to change the appearance of an entire character but use the same skeletal animation data.

The slot colouring is a missing feature that apparently nobody at YoYo has ever found the need to use. I brought it up before Xmas and submitted it as a suggestion recently, so hopefully one day it'll appear in a future version along with some other features.

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
Well, any news on that? If I could change the colour on the attachments of my spine animations that would be great. But, since I still use the old version of GM... it's a very long shot to hope that they implement that on the old one to. =/