• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game lags when exported, doesn't lag in IDE builds

Gamerev147

With my game, when I test in in Game Maker Studio, there is no problem at all. The game runs at a solid 60 FPS no spikes or anything. I even ran it in developer mode, and saw no aspect of the game taking up the CPU like crazy.

When I export the game, however, I lag like crazy! I get around 20 FPS average. Why is this the case?
Here are some things I've done to reduce the lag as much as I could:
  • Created texture groups for my tiles
  • Made all sounds lower quality
  • Removed any unnecessary objects in all rooms
  • Added graphics options to turn off blood and particles
  • Checked other websites and the manual on this problem
Nothing seems to fix the lag I am receiving with my exported game. Please help ASAP!

B

BeardyElf

Are you using vsync? If so, go to global game setting -> windows -> graphics and check Alternate synchronization method.That helped in my game.
Otherwise cant really help without seeing your project.

Gamerev147

Are you using vsync? If so, go to global game setting -> windows -> graphics and check Alternate synchronization method.That helped in my game.
Otherwise cant really help without seeing your project.
Thank you SO much! That fixed my problem 100%!! Thank you thank you thank you! You literally saved my project! :):D