• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Game keeps building (Can't Test)

X

Xzaviel

Hello Games Community!

I installed the trial version of Game Maker Studio 2 and did the first tutorial. Unfortunatly when trying to test the game and use Run (F5), I only see in the upper right corner that it is "building". I receive no error reports and did everything like shown in the tutorial...

Any clue why it is not working?

EDIT (SOLUTION):

Latest runtime wasn't installed. (Preferences>Runtime Feed>Master)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Us YYC checked in the target? It shouldn't be. Only VM should be checked. Otherwise, there's an output window at the bottom. What does it say?

X

Xzaviel

VM is checked. And the output says only:
Saving project to: C:\Users\Alex\Dropbox\Game Maker Studio 2\Tutorials\My First Game - D&D Tutorial\My First Game - D&D Tutorial.yyp

Thanks for your help

Is that folder linked to your online dropbox where it is automatically uploaded and synched whenever you make changes? That might be causing the problem if dropbox is uploading to the online storage and then possibly synching back and locking out the files while it is still trying to build. Can you try using a completely different folder location for your project (something like "C:\GameDev\My First Game Tutorial") and see if it will build from there instead?

X

Xzaviel

Is that folder linked to your online dropbox where it is automatically uploaded and synched whenever you make changes? That might be causing the problem if dropbox is uploading to the online storage and then possibly synching back and locking out the files while it is still trying to build. Can you try using a completely different folder location for your project (something like "C:\GameDev\My First Game Tutorial") and see if it will build from there instead?
Tried my Documents folder but it does not change anything...

K

Kenjiro

VM is checked. And the output says only:
Saving project to: C:\Users\Alex\Dropbox\Game Maker Studio 2\Tutorials\My First Game - D&D Tutorial\My First Game - D&D Tutorial.yyp

Thanks for your help
I know you have since changed it, but I'd certainly avoid building to a dropbox folder in future also. :)

X

Xzaviel

Check you have latest runtime installed in preferences.
SOLVED!!! I did dowload the runtime but did not applied it, because the apply button didn't light up (could not select the runtime?). A double click on the new runtime solved my problem though.

Thanks gnysek and every body else helping!