JamCraft is all about making games that have an emphasis on creation through combination. This could take the form of crafting items from raw materials, brewing potions, preparing food, discovering fighting combos, creating bases from construction blueprints, and so on and so forth. There is no limits on genre or style, but other participants will have the opportunity to rate you on your use of the "crafting" concept. You may use any tools you wish to create your game.
We are two veteran game programmer-jammers. We love making games and we love jamming. We decided to host a new game jam together, as if there wasn't enough game jams out there already, to give others another excuse to make a game! Double the hosts means double the support, and we aim to make this jam as accessible and fun as possible for everyone.
JamCraft will run from the 2nd of March to the 16th. You must submit your game before the end of the jam. When the jam has ended, there will be a week of community voting. Please keep an eye on the jam timer on this page, as actual times will differ in different timezones, and any timekeeping other than on this page may not be accurate..
The jam is on itch.io. You can participate with the community in many ways: We have the Community forums there on the jam page, we have a Discord server and you can use #JamCraft on Twitter!
- Follow the jam concept/theme.
- Show common sense and common decency towards others.
- Game assets, unless Public Domain, must be created during the jam.
- NSFW content is prohibited (no nudity, or anything that could be rated 18+).
- Have fun!
- Can I work in a team? Yes. As many people as you like.
- Can I submit more than one game? You can try,
- Can I use someone elses assets? Only if they're made for you during the jam by a team mate, or are Public Domain.
- What if I miss the deadline? You can still submit late entries, but you have to contact us personally, with a link to your game page.
- I'm in a team, can my team rate other games as well? Yes. Just make sure they're listed as Contributors on your game.