• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game is running slow even though fps_real is high.

Coded Games

Hello, so one strange issue that I have experienced is that sometimes my game runs well below 60 FPS but fps_real and the debug overlay all show values between 200-700. The bars in the debug overlay never go past the first tick and if I run the condition (fps_real < 60), it will never return true.

I usually experience this problem with screen sharing or recording gameplay with a program like OBS. When I stop recording the game returns to a normal frame rate.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What sort of things could be causing this? Any help would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
M

MagicLight

No idea, but screen recording software can cause all kind of weird behaviour, don't think it has anything to do with GMS, it happens with all kinds of applications, have you ever had the problem when not running OBS ?