Windows Game is running slow even though fps_real is high.

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Coded Games, Sep 14, 2018 at 7:11 AM.

Tags:
  1. Coded Games

Coded Games Member

Hello, so one strange issue that I have experienced is that sometimes my game runs well below 60 FPS but fps_real and the debug overlay all show values between 200-700. The bars in the debug overlay never go past the first tick and if I run the condition (fps_real < 60), it will never return true.

I usually experience this problem with screen sharing or recording gameplay with a program like OBS. When I stop recording the game returns to a normal frame rate.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What sort of things could be causing this? Any help would be really appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 9:04 AM
  2. MagicLight

MagicLight Member

No idea, but screen recording software can cause all kind of weird behaviour, don't think it has anything to do with GMS, it happens with all kinds of applications, have you ever had the problem when not running OBS ?