• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game in slow motion on powerful computers. Why?

sman

Hello,

I've seen many youtubers play my game and I don't understand why, for some of them, the game is in slow motion.
I don't think PewDiePie has a slow computer, with all the money he is making, and yet for him the game is very slow. (here is the game in normal speed)

I've seen also journalists play the game in slow motion. I don't believe either that they have an old computer. And my game has low system requirements.

When it's in slow motion, it's not even always with the same factor. Sometimes it's like x0.5, sometimes it seems more like x0.75.

Have you any idea what could cause this?

Last edited:
M

McWolke

maybe he has vsync with half refresh rate forced through his drivers? that would make the game run with 30 fps, which would be half the speed.

sman

Ohh... and in that case, is there a way to prevent the game from running at half speed?

M

McWolke

i don't think that's possible but maybe someone with more experience should answer now :p

sman

I have a suspect: the sleep margin.
I've found a player that has the slowmo issue on a very powerful computer, even with Vsync off.
I made him test a version with a big sleep margin (10, 15).
That changed nothing.
So if it's neither the Vsync nor the sleep margin, what could it be?

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Perhaps there's an issue with capturing software interfering with the game, if both use DirectX?

sman

Really? It could happen?
But the last player I was talking about doesn't capture the game.

sman

I don't know if that happens also with the HTML5 version. Nobody is complaining. But I think that, on Windows, players in slowmo think it's the normal speed.
And the mobile version is still in development.
(no other version)

rIKmAN

I don't know if that happens also with the HTML5 version. Nobody is complaining. But I think that, on Windows, players in slowmo think it's the normal speed.
And the mobile version is still in development.
(no other version)
I have a decent rig (i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1060) and the HTML5 version seemed fine, but as you say without knowing how it's supposed to run then I have nothing to compare it against.

I didn't think "this seems slow" though.

Mick

I have a suspect: the sleep margin.
I've found a player that has the slowmo issue on a very powerful computer, even with Vsync off.
I made him test a version with a big sleep margin (10, 15).
That changed nothing.
So if it's neither the Vsync nor the sleep margin, what could it be?
No luck yet? My game seems to experience the same thing, very annoying indeed.