• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Game Idea Generator

Bulletech

Over the past while now I have been using GameMaker to develop a small number of free Windows/Web apps for my own fun/learning and to help myself as well as other indie game[maker] developers. I'm now at the point where I'd like to share them with everyone and get some feedback.

Game Idea Generator is a free HTML5 app built with GameMaker Studio 2 that generates random game ideas. there are two modes:
1. Local - mix and match genre, plot, location, and niche to come up with a game idea for your next project
2. User Feedback - Generate ideas and vote on them (Like/Dislike and Funny), the 10 most popular of each category are shown for a good laugh or to launch your next developing adventure!

Check it out by clicking here

Last edited:

Bulletech

Thanks @SnotWaffle Studios I kept the focus on the functionality so its simple and easy to use but doesn't look as nice as it could
Hoping to hear of game ideas that have been generated from everyone

Last edited:

Bulletech

haha I got a good few while testing "A construction game where you defy physics in a warzone with no one to help",
"A metroidvania game where you explore in a castle but there's a secret unravelling"
and "A stealth game where gods battle for power in a city before the end of the world"

R

Raonak

That's pretty fun, one of the best ones i got was along the lines of "solve mysteries on a prehistoric earth and you have 24 hours to save the world."

That's make a pretty fun game. Play as a timetraveller who must stop the extinction of the dinosaurs.