Game Icon Not Showing in Windows Desktop

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Royms, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Royms

Royms Member

I am using GM Studio version 1.4. I recently compiled a game as an .exe file, and noticed that the .ico file that I created to replace the GameMaker Icon does not show up on the Windows desktop. It does, however, display correctly in the Windows taskbar as the game is being run. Interestingly, an .ico file that I created months ago for use in another game does indeed display correctly on the desktop, so the problem does not seem to be in GameMaker itself. I have tried several different new icons created by several different online programs, but the problem remains. What could be happening?

2. mark rob

mark rob Member

In my case it is also not showing

3. icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42 TMC Founder GMC Elder

get a good icon editor, like icofx, best 30 bucks I spent, 30 free trial.... See the difference in number of icons, the various sizes and color depths. the file that does not work is probably missing icons or has an icon type not compatible.