• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game Has No Sound And Won't Save

E

EndermanTamer13

I made a game, put it in a .zip file, and uploaded it, but when you download it and run it there's no sound, and the game won't save. The game is programmed to have sound and save so I don't know what's going on here... Can anyone help me?

jazzzar

I made a game, put it in a .zip file, and uploaded it, but when you download it and run it there's no sound, and the game won't save. The game is programmed to have sound and save so I don't know what's going on here... Can anyone help me?
I'm assuming it's a windows game, make sure all the files are zipped with the game, sounds are usually seperated from exe if you used the installer with GMS

E

EndermanTamer13

I'm assuming it's a windows game, make sure all the files are zipped with the game, sounds are usually seperated from exe if you used the installer with GMS
Hmm... It has all the .ogg files, so I don't know why there's no sound. Dunno how to check if everything to do with saving and loading is working...

E

EndermanTamer13

Before compiling, did you make sure everything's working fine?
I have checked all of my code, and it should work correctly. When I run the game from GameMaker it works fine, but when running the game from the downloaded .zip file on another computer, saving and sound doesn't work.