• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Game Doesn't Work On Mobile Browser

V

Vassiliki Bouki

Hi,
I'm new to GM Studio 2, and maybe my question is naive. Few weeks ago I bought the HTML5 licence. I exported my game to HTML5 and uploaded it on my server. It runs great from a laptop/PC/Mac but when I use my table or ipad to run the game through the browser, it does not work. Is this correct? How could I fix it? I do NOT want to create and adroid or ios app - I want to run it through the browser in a tablet. Is this possible?
Many thanks,
VB

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean? Could you describe the issue in more detail? Also, have you opened up the browser inspector tools to see if there are any console errors logged? If there are, then you should post those too.

V

Vassiliki Bouki

When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean? Could you describe the issue in more detail? Also, have you opened up the browser inspector tools to see if there are any console errors logged? If there are, then you should post those too.
Thanks for contacting me.
When I open the HTML5 through the browser in android device, the game is loaded but then I cannot do any movement, or shot etc. There are no console errors logged. I wonder if before I export the game to HTML5, I should provide some instructions on how to appear in android or ios (?). Any information is appreciated.

chamaeleon

Is this a problem you see for a barebones project for experimental purposes that has nothing much in it at all, or is it a full-blown game you're ready to release? If it's the latter, I recommend you create a new project for the purpose of simply displaying on the screen using draw_text(), etc., values of interest as you interact with it, as well as visual clues like rectangles indicating a region you expect actions to happen because what you touch on the screen. Things like the various windows, view, and port sizes and locations, mouse_x, mouse_y coordinates, which event was triggered, etc., until you feel comfortable with how things appear and react in the mobile browser.

V

Vassiliki Bouki

Is this a problem you see for a barebones project for experimental purposes that has nothing much in it at all, or is it a full-blown game you're ready to release? If it's the latter, I recommend you create a new project for the purpose of simply displaying on the screen using draw_text(), etc., values of interest as you interact with it, as well as visual clues like rectangles indicating a region you expect actions to happen because what you touch on the screen. Things like the various windows, view, and port sizes and locations, mouse_x, mouse_y coordinates, which event was triggered, etc., until you feel comfortable with how things appear and react in the mobile browser.
Many thanks for your reply. It is the typical 'space game' that most novice users,try at the beginning.Only one room; nothing complicated - very very simple.I wonder if you could recommend an article or some instructions or a video tutorial, on how to do what you suggest - I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean in your reply. Many thanks again for your time.