• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game doesn't run

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BachusPL

Hi! Just registered here because my game from GM2 doesn't run. It says that it's saving infinitely when I click the "run button". Google search has given me people with similar problem but they didn't have the latest version of runtime or whatever, and the problem is: I have the latest one so basically Google is useless. Would appreciate advice!

B

BachusPL

Ok, I'm very sorry for self bumping and I know that it's against the rules, but C'MON CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP FOR JESUS CHRIST SAKE, I'm waiting all day and I can't continue making my game. Please, help.

Don't post a screenshot (ever), copy and paste the entirety of the output window, that's probably the reason why no-one has replied. There should be more information above what's in your screenshot which is likely to have an error message of some sort. Also, compiler issues like this (if this is indeed a compiler issue) usually aren't as easily solved as programming errors by random forum users, so they can take some more time for someone who can help to see the post.

B

BachusPL

Don't post a screenshot (ever), copy and paste the entirety of the output window, that's probably the reason why no-one has replied. There should be more information above what's in your screenshot which is likely to have an error message of some sort. Also, compiler issues like this (if this is indeed a compiler issue) usually aren't as easily solved as programming errors by random forum users, so they can take some more time for someone who can help to see the post.
"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Администратор\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0347253s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\Администратор\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 06/12/2020 21:54:11
"cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Администратор\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0350266s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\Администратор\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 06/12/2020 21:54:11
"cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0442855s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378" started at 06/12/2020 21:54:11
Saving project to: D:\GMS2\Games\Test\Test.yyp

Ok, bro, here is the full log. What should I do?

B

BachusPL

Did it work at any time? What runtime of GMS are you using (click Help > About to find that out)? If it did work previously, what kind of changes did you make to stop it working?
No, I just downloaded GMS2 today, it never worked. I use the latest versions of everything, IDE and RT.

B

BachusPL

Also, if it never worked, why did you say "I can't continue making my game"?
I don't need to run a game in order to make it. I don't have problems with the development itself.
Have you tried redownloading the installer, uninstalling GMS and reinstalling it from the freshly downloaded installer?
That kind of solution would never work. Trying to do something over and over again awaiting different results is stupid.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
So... what will happen if I lock this topic because you've been nothing but rude to others that were trying to help you and broke the bumping rule twice within a three hour time span? Are you going to post a new topic about the same issue? That would be stupid, wouldn't it? ;)

Sorry, but the kind of attitude you've displayed here has no place on the GMC. I urge you to value and respect the time and effort people put into their responses, as they can not and should not be taken for granted. People are doing you a favor by even reading the topic. This is no way to thank them for their time and dedication...

Yes, there is a point to trying "the same thing" over and over again and expecting a different outcome, provided that there is a chance that something may have modified the installation in a way that changed whether it is capable of working correctly or it wasn't done correctly in the first place (for example due to interference by other programs, e.g. antivirus/firewall software blocking something important during installation). There's a very good reason we have a whole knowledge base article about performing a fresh install. I'm not saying that this is absolutely the case and required for you, just that these suggestions do make sense under specific circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.