• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Visual Game doesn't run on the correct size

Hi! I'm using GM for a college project and things are going nicely as I'm using DnD and it's a simple project. However, when I run it, the window size is not 1920x1080, as I set it - it's a lot smaller. It's strange bc I changed it previously and it worked, but now I'm stuck. There are no objects changing the camera or viewport, so I really don't know what's causing this. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

G

Guest User

full screen in the preferences
I do not know where it is in the second version, I have 1.4, there are preferences, maybe someone knows for sure, will tell you.
although in essence everything should be the same

Last edited by a moderator:

Slyddar

It's not in preferences, but rather Game Options, which is the little gear cog button. Then you go to Platform Settings > Windows > Graphics and enable the Start Fullscreen tick box.

G

Guest User

Unfortunately, as I wrote earlier, I have a different version, but everything should be exactly the same. I have these global game settings at the very bottom in the left panel of all game resources. I have not used the second version, so I cannot tell you exactly. You need to find it yourself using google, for example, and don't forget setting up for all the necessary tools your game will be on. As far as I know for each platform, setup needs to be done.
Question for connoisseurs: is it possible to set the full-screen mode somehow through the code?
Code:
window_set_fullscreen(true)

you need to insert a page of code into the event of creating any object that exists in the first room, if it is not there, you can directly in the code of the first room and insert this code there
note: after the code works, full screen mode will work in all rooms throughout the game until you change it. It is much more convenient to use the code, for example, if the interface changes (the code remains)
Quote I don't remember who:
A lot changes, but something always remains the same.

Last edited by a moderator: