Game Design Ideas With AI

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by RefresherTowel, May 17, 2019.

1. RefresherTowel

RefresherTowel Member

So I saw a post on reddit mentioning this and I thought it was pretty neat as a simple way to get some ideas around theming or mechanics. If you go to Talk To Transformer and type in a sentence along the lines of "<game name> is a <game genre> where <game description>" the AI will auto complete the rest of your sentence. Sometimes it's a little nonsensical, but other times it comes up with some cool ideas based around what you typed. For instance, I typed "Floramancer is a turn-based strategy game where you grow plants to attack enemies with." and here's a few samples of what it autocompleted with:
    As I said, it seems like an interesting way to kickstart some creative thinking about a game idea you're toying with.

Siolfor the Jackal likes this.
  2. Danei

Danei Member

Hmmm... looks like I need to add 3D sound. Then my game can be as good as Mortal Kombat.

Toque and RefresherTowel like this.
  3. Toque

Toque Member

Interesting. Things you may not think of for sure.

RefresherTowel likes this.
  4. HeWhoShallNotBeNamed

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed Member

That is weird. The second sample I got was disturbingly close to a design document I wrote when I first started working on my game. The third one suggested I add a classic rock soundtrack and the ability to get NPCs drunk so that they'll "teach you swords." I don't know what "teach you swords" means, but it sounds like one of those poorly translated "A winner is you" moments, so I may add it. Somehow. Oh, and it said my game was published by Tecmo for the PS2. So there's that.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  5. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

Yeah my attempt was spooky, I entered the idea for an old jam game I was redoing about getting up and going to work, and the AI response went on about what do you do in your free time and stuff like work/life balances and other stuff spookily close to what I had in mind or written down elsewhere.
    Pretty interesting.

6. TinyGamesLab

TinyGamesLab Member

7. JackTurbo

JackTurbo Member

Stuck A Day In Valhalla into it and feel pretty called out by this line...

" We're aiming to have the combat systems complete sometime in the end of 2014."

In my defense I didn't even start it till the start of 2018...

8. Taddio

Taddio Member

This is neat and scary at the same time... I have no clue how they can gather 345 millions parameters in one sententence, that's impressive!