• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows game crashing when exiting

P

PaulofDOOM

Hi, I have a recent issue (recent as of the latest windows update) that when using the game_end code, my whole PC will freeze. The only way out is to turn off the power at the mains (even the power button on the PC is frozen) and restart. Is there a way to get a bug report from game maker after it has been closed, for a bug that causes it to freeze everything up, after it has been closed and restarted? If not, I don't know how to go about reporting this as a bug, since I have no information to give to yoyo devs except that it happens around 25% of the time whenever I use the game_end code, so whenever I try to exit my game basically.

A

Almericus

I have the same problem but I can ctrl alt delete my way through and kill the exe. This game_end() unexpected crash happens ever since I upgraded to Runtime v2.1.5.246. Is there an alternate way to close the game? I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon since no one bothered to reply to you.

A

Almericus

I have found a workaround the issue! Use that function before;

instance_deactivate_object(all);
game_end();

The game hang while the function attempt to shut down your game only if there is many objects ( like 10+) in the room so that is probably why that workaround do the job..

I also found out that the devs screwed up everything around the depth function. If you have objects that are setup to depth = -500 or 500 change their value to something in between otherwise it will create bugs.

Last edited by a moderator: