GMS 2 Game crashes on startup with steam API enabled GMS2

Roastedzerg

I am trying to add steam achievements to our game but when i checked the box for Steam through game maker preferences, set the SDK path, and typed the correct steam app ID, then compiled the game into an EXE the game now crashes before it starts. To clarify, our game Killer Clowns is already on steam and i have tried both versions of SDK 1.42 and 1.43 with both producing the same result.

We've already made all the achievements and ive made many steam depot updates in the past that worked till now. Its hard to find anything specific to GMS2 so im making a post in hopes that you guys might know how to solve this.
Thank you for the help, let me know if i need to elaborate on anything.

Last edited:

Roastedzerg

Problem still persists, hasn't anyone gotten the Steam API to work through game maker studio 2? I did everything exactly to the instructions here and still my game crashes when turned into an EXE. I know others have had this problem, but i have yet to find a solution.

Roastedzerg

Bump, problem persists. For some reason my game will run as an executable just fine if i turn off the checkbox for Steam in preferences (can't use Steam api) , but crashes as an executable if i turn the Steam checkbox on (allowing me to use Steam Api).