Game Closes

I'm hitting a bug with my game where the game window unexpectedly closes. No crash message is given, no errors thrown. It always happens at the same point in the game - when a specific object is created, but it only happens about 2% of the time the object is loaded. The object is a server list so network functions are at play.

My main question is this - what causes a game to simply close rather than throwing an error? I've searched for any out-of-place game_end() functions but those aren't at play. Is there anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks!

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Have you looked at the console? An error message may appear that you did not notice. Could it also be some hardware or software interrupting the process, perhaps an antivirus? Your keyboard? It is good to analyze all these things.

Thanks for the thoughts, Foxy! The output gives no indication, it just says the compile failed. Odd that.

I might have found the problem, but still not clear what was causing it. My object was doing a network_destroy on the socket during the network event, and bypassing this seems to have resolved it. I moved it to the destroy event for the object. I'm not confident this is resolved since that has been there from the start and the game closing only started happening recently, but I'll take it.

The closing was weird - the game seemed to grind to a halt, the music would get scratchy for a couple seconds and then the entire game would close. Very strange behavior, but clearly some kind of conflict or resource contention issue was happening under the hood.