Game causes FUZZ onscreen...

K12gamer

Weird fuzz artifacts left on screen after exiting game. Sometimes they begin to pop up all over. They tend
to go away if I play then exit a non GameMaker game...or restart my PC.
This only happens on one of my PCs....Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 32-bit (Upgraded from Windows XP)
AMD Athlon II x2 240
4GB Ram
1663MB ATI Radeon 3000 graphics (Lenovo)

Video Example:

Additional Notes:
Hasn't happened with any of my GM8 games...Only Studio.
(Update) Hasn't happened on older GM Studio games I released on 9 / 24 / 2013

Last edited:
I

icuurd12b42

update your driver
that card is almost 10 years old. it may start to be defective from old age...

K12gamer

update your driver
that card is almost 10 years old. it may start to be defective from old age...
Yes...it's an old PC...but it's powerful enough to handle Windows 10 (plus hundreds of Windows games/apps) very well.
All drivers were updated using iObit Driver Updater

Note: The Fuzz doesn't occur on GM Studio games I exported on 9 / 24 / 2013 (I'm trying to figure out which version that was so I can download it again)
Tried Early Acess 1.99...and still got the same problem.
I played a few games made with GM2...and haven't had this Fuzz problem yet.

Another Video: Shows me playing a GM Studio 2 game...after I already had the Fuzz problem from playing a previous game made with GM Studio 1.4.1763

Last edited:
I

icuurd12b42

Play with the graphics settings in the game options, they added optimisations (Vertex Buffer Method and alternate synchronization) that may be the cause and perhaps the texture page size may be causing this

K12gamer

Play with the graphics settings in the game options, they added optimisations (Vertex Buffer Method and alternate synchronization) that may be the cause and perhaps the texture page size may be causing this
Yeah...that was my initial thought also...Spent the last few days trying dozens of different Global Game settings)...to no avail....
Weird because I've never encountered this problem before...(I sometimes buy older PCs, load them up with games then resell them).
My Studio games run fine...even on the oldest Windows XP machines (No fuzz problems)
Googled it...and haven't found anyone else who had this problem...so maybe it's isolated to this particular PCs specs.

Will be glad when I can get a version of Studio 2 that allows me to upload my older projects...so I can test them...but so far...playing
other developer's Studio 2 games...I haven't encountered this problem.

Haven't played around with the Texture page size yet...but I'll give it a try...

Last edited: