• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Game Can't Run with Room Physics (GMS2)

J

jglag

Hi there,
My version of Game Maker Studio 2 for Mac has been working fine. However, I am creating a game now with physics and whenever I enable physics in a room and then try to play the game, I get an error and the game crashes, immediately. The physics settings for the room have been left as the default ones, so nothing crazy is happening there. Here is a picture of the error:

Can anyone offer some advice? Sort of ruins a major chunk of what GMS2 is supposed to offer.

Thanks!

J

jglag

Well, can't add an image apparently...but it's an issue with the Asset Compiler.

How are you controlling movement in your game.

As soon as you enable physics, things like hspeed, vspeed and all the standard movement functions/variables no longer work.

You need to use phys_speed_x / phys_position_x and physics_apply_force() to move things around.

J

jglag

How are you controlling movement in your game.

As soon as you enable physics, things like hspeed, vspeed and all the standard movement functions/variables no longer work.

You need to use phys_speed_x / phys_position_x and physics_apply_force() to move things around.
This must be the issue. Thank you!