• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Game Boy: and the Battle for Retro Games!

TKidder

So I started making my first official game. The idea is that you are Game Boy and you are fighting to get retro games noticed again as many people have moved onto more modern titles. You will travel the land searching for retro titles. If you collect a title you will be put into a level resembling said game - so if you find a sonic game you will have a level from one of its games and your character will have all the abilities of the main character. I will be including the following retro titles to collect:

• Sonic
  • Mario
  • Castlevania
  • Metroid
  • Zelda
  • Donkey Kong
  • Pac-Man
...and possibly a few others. Obviously I wont be calling them those titles but you will know who its about once you start playing the levels. Game Boy's appearance will also change once he enters one of the cartridges he found. So going back to the Sonic game he will still look the same but will have the addition of blue spikes. For mario be wearing overalls, ect...

I don't have much so far, but I'm hoping it will go far. I just started this project today.

Last edited: