1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Game becomes blur when tilemap becomes bigger

Discussion in 'Programming' started by krugen, Jul 31, 2019.

1. krugen

krugen Member

My current tilemap is about 5k x 5k. I have a few cameras working, the images displayed by the tilemap camera blurs out a little while other contents are pixel perfect. What setting am I supposed to tweak about?

Will the same issue occur for other type of layer?

Edit: sorry, not tilemap, it's a tilemap but it is in .png. I put it in the background layer.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. marasovec

marasovec Member

What if you disable pixel interpolation?

3. krugen

krugen Member

I chopped and re import the picture by parts, it is working normally now.

4. NightFrost

NightFrost Member

A 5k*5k image would not fit to a texture page, their default size is 2048*2048 (can be set larger), it would get scaled to fit which would cause issues with image quality. Chopping into parts and importing those was the correct decision.